MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom. Salary:
£45,000 to £55,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working The opportunity:
Join the Networked Land Ceptor (NLC) Systems team and work to support the UK and Poland in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability, or help tailor this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be working on some of MBDA's highest profile and largest programmes, building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
This is a high profile role, suited to an ambitious individual who will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the software development program from a systems perspective, co-ordinating the delivery of functionality within the key sub-systems and consolidating the various development programs into a coherent functional delivery plan.
This role will provide career developing opportunities including exposure to internal stakeholders within MBDA and external customers such as, UK MoD & Army and the Polish Armed Forces.
Day to day responsibility of the role includes analysing software defects, supporting focussed progress reviews and facilitating agreement and management of functional change within the system, escalating emerging risks to the delivery plan to senior stakeholders, gatekeeping the functionality required of each drop of software and marshalling them through to delivery.
The successful candidate will be comfortable adapting themselves and their approach to the challenge at hand, while working across a number of programmes; they will maintain vision amongst complexity and be adept at communicating this vision to drive, engage and influence key stakeholders.
The role will have real impact on what we deliver to our customers, current and future, and in return will provide you the opportunity to work independently across the company; genuine engineering challenges, and broad professional growth. What we're looking for from you:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to in order to lead forums with technical specialists, partner teams and senior management;
• A driven Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle;
• Ideally, experience of the writing, management and verification of requirements, including the use of IBM DOORS software
• Past experience coordinating a team from diverse engineering would be highly beneficial
• Ability to work confidently in the face of ambiguity and multiple conflicting priorities, to be able to identify the priority tasks and communicate effectively to the team.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.