MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary/Level:
Up to 50K depending on experience.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity:
Discover a world of innovation....we are currently looking for a Platform Data Link Terminal (PDLT) System Engineer who is passionate about technology and eager to be a part of delivering cutting-edge radio-frequency sub-systems for various platforms, including land, sea, and air.
This is more than just a job. It's a chance to immerse yourself in the forefront of European weapon systems design, contribute to creating high-performance, secure and reliable products that our customers trust.
As a PDLT System Engineer, you will work in a multidisciplinary team across the whole systems engineering / project lifecycle. Your role will be diverse, exciting, and rewarding, involving:
What we're looking for from you:
- Requirement analysis, validation, and verification as part of the system engineering activities.
- Ensuring product delivery (hardware and software), and managing build standard certification.
- Utilising IBM DOORS and applying Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques with IBM Rhapsody for the specification of updates to PDLT design, requirements, and test cases. ( Don't worry, we've got you covered with training and development support ).
- Creating and reviewing engineering documentation.
- Supporting various datalink terminal and network communication programmes at different stages of maturity.
- Collaborating with project managers/planners for updating plans and forecasting spend/labour.
- Leading work packages within a small team, giving you a clear path and opportunities for career progression.
- A strong understanding of the system engineering process (including system specification, system integration, and test and qualification).
- Proven experience in product delivery and hardware and software configuration management.
- Ability to lead and coordinate across multiple functional domains such as software, hardware, modelling, and test.
- Proactive approach, eagerness to learn new tools and processes, and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to support export, new business, and research activities when required.
- Outstanding communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Team player approach and positive collaborative behaviours.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent.
"Sounds like the role for you? Apply now for this great opportunity to join an exciting project!". Our Business:
- An understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration, Requirement Management).
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably with Rhapsody.
- Prior experience in the Defence domain.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.