MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £65,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more...
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Initially this role is site based, but after 6 months and where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity: Environment Simulator (ES) Software Development Engineer
Are you a forward thinking and dedicated Software Development Engineer who is passionate about creating high quality software and looking to take your career to the next level?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA UK, which is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver Environment Simulator software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio.
We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new insights and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
- Start working with the current Environment Simulation team, so you can understand and develop solutions on our current platform, before transitioning to our new modern ground-breaking development practices.
- Designing, developing and supporting Engineering based Environment Simulator software solutions, to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components.
- Working with a wide range of teams and customers across MBDA to deliver Test Engineering software capability of products from early concept to production.
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
An opportunity to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution. Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering. Working at the sharp end of product development and production, enabling the development and delivery of our world leading products to customers.What we're looking for from you:
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We look to learn from new people and are passionate about building impactful teams.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Proven experience or the willingness to learn Ada and associated scripting languages.
- Confirmed prior experience of other languages such as C, C++, C#, Rust etc.so you will be able to migrate to more modern development approach.
- Experience of working within an agile development team environment.
- Proactive, self-starter who is able to take ownership of the software development tasks.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration (CI/CD) and DevOps principles and practices
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as TFTP, Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553 buses
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.