MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £45,000 - £55,000 d
epending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2-3 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
Our evolving and expanding security operations centre are looking for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst focussing on deep/dark web monitoring, creating advanced queries and watch lists within CTI platforms and generating/ mapping possible threat actor attack paths within IT and OT environments.
You will be a force multiplier within the SOC and CERT providing proactive and actionable intelligence to the teams and supporting the Head of Cyber Security Services. You will drive a proactive ethos in a constantly evolving cyber security environment and provide robust threat detection and analysis to the IM and InfoSec communities. This will include gap analysis of cyber security tools, supporting secure business growth and providing SME on CTI recommendations for new and evolving technologies and areas of operations.
This role contains opportunity for national and international travel to MBDA UK and European offices. As a newly created role you will have the opportunity to grow and make the service your own as well as opportunity to evolve existing solutions partners.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- A career background in Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Minimum 2 - 3 years demonstrable experience as a Cyber Threat Intelligence analyst or SOC analyst in the Aerospace and Defence, Manufacturing or Government industries
- Hold an active, recognised CTI qualification or certificate e.g SANS FOR578 CTI training, GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence certificate, EC-Council Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (C|TIA)
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or a related field specific to IT and Network security would be beneficial
- Desirable would be experience as a Tier 1-2 SOC analyst with demonstrable threat intelligence and threat hunting experience
- Desirable to hold an active SC.
- Also of value is the CREST Certified Threat Intelligence Certification (CCTIM)
- Conducts a range of analysis and threat assessment to support the SOC team
- Collates and processes information from all sources to enrich internal Intelligence feeds
- Generate advanced queries and effective watch lists within the CTI platform(s)
- Generate effective third party and supplier compromise alerting with the CTI platform(s)
- Monitor and Respond to Deep/Dark Web alerting and information
- Responsible for effective threat profiling and risk prioritisation to MBDA UK
- Support the Senior SOC Analysts with investigations that need to be triaged or escalated
- Support to Cyber Security investigations and incident response
- Support the Vulnerability Management team with tracking of CVEs and updating any relevant tech stack watch lists
- Monitoring of Cyber Security tools, feeds and tickets
- Monitoring and responding to the SOC email notification mailboxes
- Assists with the maintenance of MBDA CTI technologies
- Liaises with technology and service providers for technology updates and fault fixes within the CTI areas of responsibility
- Coach and Guide the MBDA IM Apprentices as required
- Responsible for the review process and adding/removing URLs from the AcceptList and BlockList
- Responsible for tuning of SOC CTI tool rule sets and controls as required
- Update and Deliver cyber security awareness and training in support of CERT as required
- Attend routine security meetings as required
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.