MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
(up to £62K dependent on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to 21% (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working!The opportunity:
What we're looking for from you:
- You will be leading a team of System Performance Engineers who provide performance prediction and analysis expertise to major defence programmes, developing the latest Complex Weapons capabilities for the UK Armed Forces in response to advanced threats in all domains (Air, Land, Sea).
- Expect assignment to concept, assessment or demonstration phase contracts, covering one of the new MBDA product lines or existing MBDA product lines being used in front line operations.
- System Performance is an essential part of the system design and a key indicator as to whether the design is suitable.
- As the Lead Engineer you will be managing the team in terms of their development, following company processes, their appraisals, feedback and recruitment to the team.
- The System Performance Lead Engineer will:
- Manage the team to plan and conduct technical studies into missile performance, using complex mathematical models, to help the project understand key system design choices or to estimate key performance indicators such as range and terminal accuracy, among others
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with SMEs in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Report performance data in a clear and concise way in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Regular engagement with MOD and their external agencies, as well as service personnel using the product line
- Systems engineering experience in a system performance and analytical domain
- Experience in technical leadership of a team to deliver their objectives
- If you have enthusiasm for any of the following, please apply:
- Managing a team of System Performance Engineers, to use mathematical models to assess system behaviour, and to analyse data using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Capturing and presenting technical data in a clear and concise for expert and non-expert audiences
- Exposure to the physical principles of aerodynamics, propulsion, guidance and control
- Engaging with the end user who is using the product line
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!