MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £60,000 pro rata depending on experience.What we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 pro rata (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work.The opportunity:
MBDA has a fantastic opportunity for a part time Lead Cable and Harness Design Engineer to work within our growing Interconnects team. As the Lead Design Engineer, you will be managing cable/harness work packages across the product range to deliver design solutions for the creation of bespoke cable designs. You will use customer, environmental and technical requirements to define manufacturable solutions delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
You will be responsible for making sure the work load is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews and documentation are held/created at the correct time with the appropriate audience. You will be working with multiple departments and external suppliers to plan, implement, and improve solutions whilst dealing with opportunities and challenges as they arise as an individual and/or part of a team.What we're looking for from you:
- Demonstrable experience of managing work packages
- Proven experience of Interconnect/Cable/Harness design
- An appreciation of Interconnect manufacturing process
- We're looking for someone with a proactive approach who is motivated and has the ability to balance cost, quality and schedule; simultaneously giving due consideration to Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you can demonstrate an understanding of the product life cycle, Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C).Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.