MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to circa £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. In this role, there is a requirement to be in the office 3 to 4 days per week; due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access.The opportunity!
Lead Software Engineer
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and build across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better.
Join us as a Lead Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
This is a very hands-on role to understand technically the current Command and Control architecture, and support the continued design and development of future products. This role includes involvement in all aspects of the development, integration, project management, delivery into service and service support aspects.What we're looking for from you:
Are you looking for a role which will require you to be adaptable and creative? This role combines technical leadership, product ownership and team building aspects. The technical component is the largest part of the role.
- Do you have a strong industry background in software development?
- Are you experienced in working in C++?
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team, and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills are important.
- Awareness and application of Software Quality standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++ would be beneficial.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.