MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to circa £65,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more......
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. In this role there is a requirement to be in the office 3 to 4 days per week; due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access.The opportunity!
Senior Software Engineer
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and build across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better.
Join us as an Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable Senior Software Engineer to join our team at our Bristol facility to develop solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; to work with us to develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.Are you looking for a Senior Software Engineer opportunity, one which requires the continued design and development of Command and Control architectures?This is a hands-on role, perfect for a Software Engineer who is proactive and takes the initiative!What we're looking for from you:
- A strong background in software engineering, its realisation and system wide impact.
- Experience of working in C++
- Collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team and maintain momentum during development.
- Experience of working across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation
- Experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our efficiency and sustainability
- Knowledge of DDS middleware and Real Time Operating Systems
- Experience in other languages such as Ada, would be useful but not essential.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.