Group Leader - Asset Operations
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here. We currently have an exceptional opportunity to join us as Group Leader Asset Operations Management. The role holder will lead and deliver facilities services in support of one of our production or trials and test capabilities ensuring through-life management of assets within the Estate Area to ensure they are available in accordance with Programme demands with optimised cost of ownership.
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary - £negotiable
Closing Date - 16th November 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
The role holder will be required to -
- Business Partner co-ordinating services across the functions to ensure tactical and operational requirements of Assets within the Estate Area, are operational to meet the agreed demands of the Estate Area/ Technology Centre.
- Ownership of the Safety Case/Basis/Statements/Justifications on behalf of the ATO Holder for the Facilities within your Estate Area, ensuring proportionality of processes is applied.
- Ownership of the "Safe Operating Envelope" for the Facilities within your Estate Area.
- Engaging external stakeholders as required.
- Setting direction and developing a shared understanding of individuals' roles in delivering the AWE vision and strategy.
- Enabling the performance and results of the team. Making sure that team members have the capabilities to get the work done now and in the future.
- Accountable for leading, coaching & developing a team of leaders and influencing others at specialism or functional level to create & deliver operational plans.
The role holder will have some of the following skills and attributes -
- Achieving successful enablement of teams in an environment representative of UK industrial/commercial business which has concurrent multiple high value investment projects, critical operational activities, and transformation projects.
- Extensive facility and/or process management experience.
- Managing within a highly regulated environment.
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivery of modern standard safety analysis and implementation in facility.
- Being able to thrive within a multi-issue, multi-variable environment with occasionally high levels of uncertainty around solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multitask role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Decision making skills that have either a high degree of complexity or diversity and takes prime responsibility.
- Financial and commercial awareness, delivering value for money and added value.
- Excellent communication, presentational and negotiation skills, including ability to present material outside of core competence.
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to changing situations and the changing needs of others.