Stevenage Navigation Sensors Engineer - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: £30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Monday 22nd January.What we can offer you:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but this will depend on project requirements and the need for access to specific site facilities.The Opportunity
The Navigation Sensors Group are responsible for the specification, assessment and procurement of Navigation Equipment for MBDA Products.
Navigation Sensors such as GPS and Inertial Measurement Units are a critical technology for missile systems, and therefore the team has frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects with rewarding opportunities.
As a graduate in the team, you would gain detailed understanding of navigation sensor technologies in a missile environment.
But this role is about more than just technical excellence - you'll be engaging with suppliers and customers, managing projects and problem solving issues to get the best results for the team and the projects you're working on. Through 6 monthly rotations within the function and wider business you'll get involved in:
- Supporting tests and trials to evaluate and assess navigation equipment performance
- Research and design activities to develop the next generation of navigation equipment
- Monitoring supplier and technology developments and identifying future technologies
- Collaborating with suppliers and researchers for the development and maturation of new and emerging technology
- Investigating engineering problems, conduct rapid technical analyses, present conclusions and recommendations
You'll get a chance to keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services, seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices. You'll project manage and deliver work packages on time, on cost and on quality, as well as design and conduct your own laboratory tests
In this role, you'll work in a varied and dynamic environment, including as part of an international team.
This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative solutions to address complex customer requirements.
The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
Future career paths of project management or technical subject matter expert are both possible with this opportunity.What are we looking for from you
- Degree qualified in a Physics, Mathematical Sciences, Electronics, Systems, Mechanical or Engineering discipline (minimum 2.2)
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB would be desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of project management processes
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Due to the nature of our work, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.