Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £40,000 depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as once or twice a week on siteThe opportunity:
The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity within the UK Component Engineering team for a committed, professional Senior Component Engineer to select, vet, and catalogue mechanical, electronic, electrical and electromechanical components used in all of our missile products. You will also ensure compliance with specific standards and the management of obsolescence.
You will get to know in detail the latest products and technologies available in order to support the advice given our customers. To keep up-to-date knowledge there will be regular visits to relevant stakeholders and suppliers.
There is also the opportunity to support both local and international continuous improvement initiatives to help define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.What we're looking for from you:
- Knowledge or experience in mechanical parts and materials or electrical and electro-mechanical products or electronic components.
- Appreciation of REACH and RoHS regulations.
- Experience of processing obsolescence requests.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Pro-activeness and self-motivation to improve self, improve process, and get the job done.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.