BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Role Description
The Salesforce Technical Lead (SFTL) has leadership responsibilities and is accountable for the performance and development their Development and Test Team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring to their direct reports. The SFTL will be able to providing Salesforce solutions and estimates as well as developing the solutions for detailed and complex requirement applying best practices & latest Salesforce Technology, using; Salesforce Declarative tools, APEX code/framework, Aura Components and LWC, Salesforce Apps, Lightning, REST/SOAP API. The SFTL will also be responsible for ensuring that all deployments are complete, on time and error free. Working in an agile scrum team, the SFTL will need to be comfortable working in an agile methodologies, as the team practices Agile Scrum. Core Duties
Subject Knowledge and Qualifications
- Leading a Scrum team of developers and technical testers to deliver Salesforce solutions.
- Reviewing Salesforce configuration and code to see how it supports the business process and policy.
- Identifying Salesforce system improvements.
- Producing and reviewing detailed technical specifications, developing and reviewing proposed solutions and stepping in to develop the solution when assistance is necessary.
- Converting High Level Designs into Low Level Designs that are robust & efficient, which follows industry best practice, Salesforce latest technology, Salesforce declarative tools or APEX programming
- Reviewing the completeness of the test coverage
- Maintaining Salesforce including general housekeeping, data cleanse, reduction of technical debt, bug fixes and configuration.
- Managing a scrum team of Developers and Testers
- Identifying areas for the development of direct reports, ensuring the talent and resources are used efficiently.
- Own Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce declarative programming techniques and administrative features
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce coding language (APEX, LWC)
- Experience in Data modelling
- Experience in managing CI/CD process
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, Sales Cloud and sales processes
- Good understanding in Service Cloud is beneficial
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven resilience, calm under pressure
- Proven experience to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Experience to drive process change.
- Great team player
- Extensive Experience of working in a similar role or environment.
- Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience of working within Agile Methodologies
- Salesforce certifications beneficial
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.