About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth.
Salary: £55,000 - £68,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission is experiencing significant growth driven by the need to connect considerable volumes of renewable generation onto our network to facilitate the pathway to Net Zero. This is driving a wholesale change in our approach to modelling energy scenarios and how we design our network. This specialist role is critical to ensure our transition to embedding spatial network planning is informed by accurate and robust generation and demand forecasts.
The Energy Scenarios Managers key responsibilities are:
- Line Manage a team of up to six specialist analysts and engineers to maintain evidence-based datasets, models and methodologies for future energy scenarios and spatial targets for the north of Scotland.
- Act as SSEN Transmission point of contact with the Electricity System Operator (ESO) Future Energy Scenarios team and participate in wider industry activity regarding strategic spatial energy planning.
- Actively engage and brief on GB and Scottish renewable technology specific policy insights to feed into spatial planning activities, and monitor work of others in this field (UK and international).
- Lead in the development and ownership of a visualisation tool for future energy scenarios and spatial targets.
- Lead internal forecasting activities that feed business planning cycles and inform investment decision making.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An in-depth understanding of the energy industry, gained from experience and social/professional networking and experience within a similar energy scenario management position.
- Line management experience with a passion for leading, coaching and developing teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to internal and external audiences on business-critical content.
- Rigorous and thorough in carrying out research and analysis, seeking multiple data sources and opinions, and from this establishing well-reasoned conclusions, proposals and recommendations.
- Ability to challenge, question and operate outside your field of expertise, confidently engaging with technical, financial, and engineering specialists to gather relevant information.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.