MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Manufacturing MRP Controller to support a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of production contracts containing both development and production elements. You will be responsible for the management of all planning related activities to deliver the Manufacturing Planning Schedule (MPS) to time, cost and quality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join UK Manufacturing as part of the live build team at Henlow in support of multi project customer deliveries. Your duties will include:
- Assessment of task directives, new or amended orders and their effect on inventory and programmes, subsequently achieving task directive requirements
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy by ensuring accurate master data within the MRP system.
- Management and supervision of manufacturing planning and controllers employed in the planning, maintenance and delivery of live missile assemblies, in line with the manufacturing production schedule for all programmes of work at the Henlow site
- Maintaining the manufacturing production schedule
- Coordination of effective non-conformance management controls ensuring MP&C related tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings to effectively own and control financial implications
- Proactive involvement in the support and development of deployed staff
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business by leadership of team through working groups (CIAGs) where appropriate.
- Review potential work and support the compilation of bids & resource estimates
- Engagement in the supply review process to build complete supply picture
- Drive a culture of Planning and best practices:
- Support ABC/Product Segmentation analysis.
- Support Statistical Safety Stock Process
- Review of KPIs and supporting actions.
- Manage the movements of all hardware including explosive articles and completed missile product in and out of Henlow
- Safeguard health & safety for deployed resources in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
- Ensure through correct SAP transactions topicality of site explosives report at all times
- Handle the efficient use of storage space maintaining stocks within explosive safety limits for all buildings and overall site in accordance with licensing limits
- Organisation of transportation for explosives articles and completed weapons for onward delivery to customer or designated points of delivery.
The Henlow team is ready to welcome a committed and motivated team leader that can ensure Customer expectations and needs are exceeded on a consistent basis.What we're looking for from you:
- Experienced and motivated Team Leader with a consistent record in planning and control of production tasks within a high profile manufacturing environment.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong collaborative relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious; you will be able to prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
- APICs supply chain certification desirable but not essential to the role.
- Knowledge of working with an MRP system and/or SAP would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Explosives Regulations 2014 and ADR (Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Road) would be an advantage.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.