AWE has fantastic opportunities for, Electronic or Electromagnetic Engineers to join our team. We are looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers to apply their Electronic/ Electromagnetic skills to challenging system integration, safety, security, or nuclear projects.
In growing our capability, we will also be growing your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
Are you an Electronic or Electromagnetic Engineer, who has the ability, to see the bigger picture, and identify and execute solutions? If so, the Electromagnetic Engineering Team could have a career for you.
Role: Electronic / Electromagnetic Engineers
Location: Reading (Site based)
Salary: £35,720 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 21st November 2023
The difference you'll make in these roles:
- Contributing and leading on the delivery of requirements, conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for engineering solutions through all lifecycle phases
- Appling Systems Thinking and finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Communicating your ideas through reports and presentations to others
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective, and safe, today and into the future
We are looking for candidates with the following essential experience:
- A working knowledge of electronic systems and their interfaces.
- Able to work efficiently as a self-directed individual or part of a team.
- Competence in the use of MS Office. (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Competence in some engineering applications e.g. 3D CAD, Circuit Design and Simulation, Programming.
- Degree or HND/NVQ level (supported by considerable practical experience) or equivalent in Electronic Engineering. If you have a different STEM qualification but have extensive knowledge of Electromagnetic Engineering, we would also like to hear from you.
- Experience preparing technical documentation.
- Proven track record of delivery.
We are looking for candidates with the following desirable experience:
- Experience working in an electromagnetic engineering position.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Experience teaching/training others.
- Experience in EMC for product design, test and regulatory compliance.
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment.
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team and support or take the technical lead in projects.
- Experience in Design, Integration and Testing of Electronic/Electrical systems.
What you'll get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.