About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: 24 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available
To help deliver our RIIO ED2 business plan of £4bn we are expanding our Large Capital Delivery teams across our SEPD Distribution licence areas with additional Lead Design Engineers. You will be responsible for the day to day management of our connections design team, who design connection projects from 11kV up to and including 132kV. This involves producing detailed design packs, checking and approving design deliverables to ensure the most appropriate and cost effective solutions are selected including:
- Being responsible for all statutory, regulatory, delivery and legal requirements and will ensure timely and appropriate project delivery, according to the customer connections portfolio.
- Delivering clear costs management and overall project management using our IT systems.
- Motivating and empowering all staff (and third-party contractors) to perform to their full potential, meeting performance targets within a positive but challenging environment.
- Supporting the development and delivery of our safety culture, ensuring that all SSEN colleagues and contractors understand and comply with company rules and procedures relating to safety, health and environment.
- Leading a project team for new Grid Supply Point (GSP) design portfolios.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in power system design and the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Proficient in technical design, customer communication, management of contractors, record keeping and overall project cost management.
- A good understanding of the connections business, as well as non-contestable and contestable design elements.
- Proven experience in collating tender documents and design folders and be able to complete engineering and design drawings.
- Well honed communication skills and a solid understanding of IT packages including Microsoft Access.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.