Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Gloucester
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Cross-Domain product team consists of circa 50 people predominately based in our Gloucester office, and sits within the wider products group of approximately 200 engineers. As an integral part of 3500 strong BAE Systems Digital Intelligence capability in the UK, we look to recruit good engineers to help meet our customer’s needs. In return we offer engaging technical challenges to solve, a collaborative and trusted work environment and the opportunity to develop a career that can encompass the full range of the company’s activities, form product development, research, technical consultancy, business consultancy, and customer engagement.
Due to the nature of our work in Cross-Domain, candidates must hold, or be eligible to gain UK security clearance and meet nationality requirements. Additionally, we cannot offer regular remote working, but do provide a flexible working environment that respects the needs of our people’s personal lives.
The successful candidate will be joining the Classified Infrastructure Team with responsibility for addressing infrastructure support issues, maintaining and managing the overall performance and availability of the classified networks and other hosted systems. Providing support to users at all levels of the organization will form a key element of this role.
- Administer and support Engineering Infrastructure and Environments
- Installation and support of hardware with guidance from architect
- Installation Planning including Power and Thermal requirements
- Installation and configuration of software
- Technical input into infrastructure changes
- Server creation and administration (VMware and Physical)
- Network configuration
- Network support for Cisco switches including:
- Port configuration
- VLAN allocation
- System Documentation
- License Management
- Assisting DevOps designer
Education / Experience
- 3-5 years experience working in a busy IS Department or other relevant work experience.
Required Technical Skills
- Install, configure Microsoft Windows Server
- Install, configure VMWARE
- Install, configure Linux distributions
- Understanding of network design principles
Whilst not expected to be a Network Design Engineer, you will be expected to understand the basic principles of networking
- Ability to contribute to system designs
- CIS lockdown procedures
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in fast paced surroundings.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to pro-actively take the initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Professional / flexible individual that can adapt quickly to changing requirements or priorities and where necessary divert to assist teams/projects
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often without formal training
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- The successful candidate will be up to date with trends in IT and be able to relate these to business goals.
- Lifting & moving of equipment may be required during the course of work.
- Willingness to occasionally travel
- Due to the nature of our business the successful candidate will be required to hold or be eligible for UKSC, DV would also be very beneficial
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.