SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness, and Perth
Salary: £62,324 - £71,370 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role of Lead Technical Specialist is to provide direction and accountability for ensuring the ongoing maintenance and developed service improvements to a set of key services for the SSEN Transmission business unit. Combining aspects of technical support and IT operations, you will ensure the ongoing maintenance, vulnerability management and developed service improvements to our core applications and products. With a level of guidance and support, you will apply your knowledge to the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and collaborating with product leadership roles to deliver successful business outcomes, your key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to requests and incidents reported by users, aiming to resolve against agreed service level targets.
- Applying fixes and upgrades as required, working with third party suppliers as necessary.
- Closely liaising with vendors in support of our applications portfolio.
- Executing small projects to make improvements and provide support for larger projects as required.
- Managing application configuration, user accounts, licenses and data to ensure we maintain strong security, reliability, sustainability and cost effectiveness.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong technical skills in deploying, managing and supporting a diverse IT business application portfolio.
- A self-starter with a positive, "Can-do" attitude and strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to work with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to operate in a complex environment, working on numerous activities simultaneously, working on your own initiative to deliver results.
- Experience of producing technical documentation to supplement team support processes and procedures.
- Awareness of ITIL processes and functions and ideally, will have some exposure/experience with Power System related applications and Microsoft Azure environments.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.