Here's what you'll be doing
Here at E.ON UK, we deliver a range of solutions to our commercial clients, including, heat pumps, battery storage, solar PV and building energy management, to support them on their journey to decarbonisation and net zero.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer, to join our dynamic and expanding team. For this role you will commission electrical systems to ensure systems meet design specifications, safety standards, and operational requirements. This is a home-based role, with nationwide travel required. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to take the next step in their career and make a significant impact to one of the world’s foremost energy suppliers.
If you’re an expert in electrical engineering, passionate about driving net zero and want to join a forward-thinking organisation where you can make a real difference, then we’d love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the commissioning of our new assets, including PV arrays, heat pumps, battery systems.
- Developing acceptance criteria, commissioning plans, procedures, and good practices.
- Leading and supporting the witness testing and acceptance testing of new assets.
- Providing technical and engineering support across our existing assets (CHPs, GTs, Boilers).
- Supporting project managers in delivering successful projects.
- Driving continuous improvement and a safety culture across our business.
- Delivering technical training.
What we need from you
- An electrical degree or equivalent.
- Chartered with a relevant institute.
- Significant experience in electrical commissioning (including quality and handover processes).
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the IET Wiring Regulations BS7671.
- Full UK driving licence with less than 6 points (car allowance provided).
It would be great if you had:
- HV electrical experience.
- Experience in commissioning PV assets, Heat Pumps, Commercial Batteries.
Here’s what you need to know
- Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022! As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we’ve proven that we’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
- We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working and offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time and job share.
- As a Disability Confident Employer we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- We’ve exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career.