Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom. Salary:
Negotiable depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as 2-3 days on site, 2-3 days working from home The opportunity:
Join the Land Ceptor team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability and tailoring this capability for the needs of export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
As the Equipment Requirement Authority for the weapon system Platform Data Link Terminal (PDLT) Hardware you will be responsible for all aspects of lifecycle management for the product through from design query to manufacturing delivery to ensure the Land Ceptor team continues to meet their delivery objectives and support the product in service.
As a key member of the hardware team you will also be responsible for working closely with internal design teams and external suppliers to manage the product specification and evolution to resolve obsolescence, enable technology insertion and optimise the design for future deliveries. What we're looking for from you:
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team whilst managing the priorities of a number of varied tasks in the context of a bigger picture
- A proven track record in delivering and supporting complex hardware to cost and schedule
- Able to coordinate both internal design and manufacturing teams and external suppliers
- Experience of setting and verifying hardware requirements is desirable, including reviewing and accepting certification evidence
- Experience in product configuration, optimisation, industrialisation and obsolescence management would be beneficial
- Able to travel nationally and internationally within Europe to partners and external suppliers
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant engineering or science discipline
- Knowledge of RF systems and design would be beneficial
- Experience of managing budgets, plans & schedules is highly desirable
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.