About the role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £62,324 - £71,370 + shift allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Shift & Day Working | Flexible First options available
The key responsibilities of the Transmission Liaison Engineer are:
- Real Time system management supporting GB System Operation.
- System risk analysis, assessment and reporting.
- System fault response and coordination.
- Co-ordination of Control Room outage switching and system safety activities.
- Effective stakeholder engagement to drive successful delivery of the Transmission outage plan.
- Outage and safety document management.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A minimum of degree level qualification in electrical engineering or have extensive relevant industry knowledge and experience.
- A relevant background in electrical power system operation.
- Current or previous Control Engineer / Senior Authorised Person authorisation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven stakeholder engagement skills.
- The desire to share knowledge and develop skills as part of a team.
- A flexible, self-driven and proactive approach to achieving positive results.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.