SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £74,600 - £112,000 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
In this wide-ranging role, you'll be central to delivering the value from SSE's corporate divestments and enabling it to deliver its NZAP+ plan. You will be primarily accountable for the planning and execution of a comprehensive programme of projects/changes aimed at separating then replacing a diverse and comprehensive suite of IT services ranging from professional services through software development, technology services, operational management to hardware and devices. Not only will you look across the full suite of enterprise IT services, but you may have to run 2 or more divestment programmes in parallel.
You will work full lifecycle, orchestrating the analysis of the IT service catalogue consumed by an SSE Group company prior to divestment, planning and executing various logical and physical separations in order to enable the transaction to be completed. Following completion, you will be working in support of an external customer (usually the buyer or representatives of the divested SSE company) in delivering key elements of their migration programme through planning support, work package/project delivery, diverse project support services and ultimately decommissioning the current SSE services.
The large and diverse set of IT services in scope are valued at several million pounds per annum and you will be central in supporting two organisations in achieving major goals and ultimately being able to realise their visions. Your primary customers will be reliant on you to help them replace services ranging from IT infrastructure through to a number of applications which support both the core business and corporate functions over periods ranging from 12 months to several years. Working alongside dedicated service delivery and solution architecture functions, you will work to protect service levels while delivering a complex programme of change progressively replacing the whole suite of services while simultaneously evolving the service supply chain to deliver the next generation of professional services, applications, technology services, software, cloud and devices.
A key part of the role will be the commercial and contractual management spanning both services provided, and services received from an external company, with a complex interrelationship between each. Deliveries will be sourced from a mixture of internal teams and external organisations, each with their own supply chains and underpinning agreements.
As part of this role your main responsibilities will be as per the below;
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to SSE's divestments value stream, evolving its method and ensuring that it is managed and delivered in a way which best ensures the desired business outcomes.
- Engage with diverse specialist groups to solution a roadmap of changes which will incrementally achieve the outcome of fully separating the divested business from SSE. In each case, considering cyber, data, commercial and operational risks while optimising SSE's delivery performance.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams, sourcing the specialist skills and capacity required to deliver against plan. In each case leveraging both directly controlled and shared capacities sourced from permanent, contract and various partner organisations.
- Deliver a large, complex and very diverse portfolio of change expertly, coaching team members, balancing priorities, proactively addressing risks and always looking to learn and improve.
- Operate and support effective tiered governance, at programme/product level, IT and executive levels. Ensure that delivery is predictable and effective and gain the empowerment required to excel in the role.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in delivering IT change across a number of contexts, including the use of both traditional delivery methods (e.g. Prince2, PMP, APM or others) as well as Agile approaches. Delivery at scale is a must with multiple teams focussing on distinct and related outcomes.
- Familiarity with diverse enterprise IT services spanning infrastructure, cloud, end user compute, collaboration, ERP, cyber, data and diverse line of business applications.
- Ability to provide leadership, line managing delivery and PMO professionals, coaching the use of contemporary practices, creating an effective working environment which enables people to succeed and develop.
- Ability to analyse a high-level requirement, decompose it into its component deliveries then progressively plan and estimate what is required to bring about those outcomes.
- The ability to see opportunities for additional value, no matter what form it may take. Potentially ranging from operational efficiencies, minimising opportunity and other types of costs, piloting new methods and services for future re-use or providing people with different learning opportunities, opportunities will arise for those able to see the value they may offer.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.