MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £43,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4-5 days per week on our Bolton site in line with the needs of the business.The opportunity:
This opportunity is for a Test Engineer to join the Manufacturing team supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic sub-systems and circuit cards during all phases of the product lifecycle. You will be providing technical support to the manufacturing test capability, to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Providing Test Engineering support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Supporting Test Facility introduction and ensuring that appropriate configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Supporting testing of electrical/electronic sub-assemblies and circuit cards, with diagnosis of production test failures down to component level.
- Working closely with Operations, the design teams and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges.
- Always aiming to deliver in line with all programme and quality requirements, whilst maintaining Test Engineering functional governance and pursuing continuous improvement.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of people, ranging from apprentices and graduates through to experienced engineers, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different missile systems in development and production.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree/HND or equivalent qualifications in an electronic/electrical engineering related subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronic/electro-mechanical manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as fault diagnosis techniques for electronic/electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Experience of using both manual and automated test equipment, preferably in a defence organisation or similar manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with enterprise resource planning and manufacturing execution system programs (e.g. SAP, MES) for recording test activities and generating non-conformance reports and concessions.
- The ability to plan and organise own work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.