MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £48,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4-5 days per week on our Bolton site in line with the needs of the business.The opportunity:
This opportunity is for an Engineering Team Leader with a strong technical bias to join the Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation, supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic/RF weapon systems, sub-systems and cables in manufacture. The team are responsible for day-to-day support of product testing within the manufacturing facilities at our Bolton site.
Your duties will include:
- Management of the team supporting Operations testing of electrical/electronic/RF weapon systems and sub-assemblies, including deployment of engineers to appropriate tasks and prioritisation.
- Carrying out staff performance and development review discussions to ensure the team maintains and develops the right levels of skills and programme output.
- Driving the team to deliver in line with all programme and quality requirements, whilst maintaining Test Engineering functional excellence through continuous improvement.
- Representative at key stakeholder meetings to report progress of Test Engineering actions and align the team with programme priorities.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the team to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different products in development and production.What we're looking for from you:
- Minimum HND level of qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- A good appreciation of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as systems-level functional testing. Some applied knowledge of RF technology would be beneficial.
- Experience of managing a small team of technical professionals in a multi-functional delivery orientated organisation.
- The ability to plan and organise the team's work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements, using Microsoft Office applications.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.