MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
We have a phenomenal opportunity for experienced Electronic Design Engineers to play a leading role in the support of production activities at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Bolton. You will act as the interface between our design teams in Stevenage and our manufacturing teams in Bolton.
Whilst the primary aim is focused on highly advanced module missile programmes, there is also scope to work on other unique opportunities, offering the right candidate a true engineering challenge in their core discipline, whilst providing scope for personal growth.What we're looking for from you:
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Significant proven experience in the design of Digital and Analogue electronics, preferably in the defence industry, (but not essential). Experience of switch mode power supplies would also be an advantage, (but not essential).
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment, supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
- You'll be prepared to work autonomously if needed, lead the delivery of your work assignments, and actively engage with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of your outputs.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and resolving manufacturing issues is an advantage, but not essential.
Finally, we are looking for someone who has a record of accomplishment of on-time delivery along with good verbal and written communication skills.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.