Are you an engineer looking to develop your career while driving national security as part of UK Defence? Join the Submarine Delivery Agency and take on unique engineering challenges, working alongside highly skilled professionals to support some of the largest and most complex engineering programmes in the world.
We’re hiring experts in a variety of specialisms, including mechanical, electrical, systems, electronic, software and marine engineering, and naval architecture. You’ll be aligned to a role that suits your strengths, with clear routes for progression and great opportunities to learn and develop. We’re passionate about innovation and supporting our people to grow, and you’ll benefit from training to ensure you’re always up to date with emerging technologies.
As part of the fascinating world of Defence, you’ll visit shipyards, dockyards, supplier sites and submarines. You’ll also be able to take advantage of hybrid and flexible working, to support with work-life balance.
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, these roles are reserved for sole UK Nationals only. You may be required to undergo Developed Vetting (DV) clearance once in the post.
Ready to deliver the extraordinary?
- Manage engineering technical requirements, ensuring requirements placed on our suppliers are delivered in line with the needs of our customer, the Royal Navy
- Manage the development and maintenance of system requirements including in-service support of submarines
- Participate in identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstrations within your technical area
- Produce and contribute to engineering management plans
- Provide specialist advice in your technical field of expertise to support the delivery of submarines
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Hold a Higher National Certificate (i.e., Level 4 or higher) qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline, or be able to demonstrate the equivalent experience
- Professionally registered status or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of providing technical advice and delivering successful engineering outcomes
- Technical experience in your discipline or specialist area in a variety of contexts
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Technical Decision Making (Supervised Practitioner)
- Technical Risk Management (Supervised Practitioner)
- Communicating and influencing
- Seeing the bigger picture
- 25 days’ annual leave +1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27%
- Annual performance-based bonus and recognition awards
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications
- Support for progression
- Huge range of discounts
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
We believe in creating an inclusive environment where our people can grow, thrive, and be their authentic selves. We value diversity of thought and the ways in which it enriches our culture and our work. So whether you’re looking for a new opportunity, a next step, or a helping hand as you return from a career break, here you’ll find a supportive, family-friendly organisation to be a part of. And if you need any assistance with your application, just let us know.
More information can be found below:
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Your application will go through the following stages of assessment:
1. Pre-sift – We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the Person Specification section of this advert. On your CV, please clearly show how you meet the essential criteria.
2. Sift – Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system: Key Achievements; Relevant Experience; Applied Knowledge and Skills
Please follow our guidance on CV writing for best chance of success.
3. Interview – If you’re invited to interview, you’ll be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the Technical Competences and Behaviours listed in the Person Specification section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Ready to join us as a Engineer? Apply today!