AWE is currently recruiting for an Engineering Team Leader. We're on the lookout for someone who's passionate about what we do as an organisation and has the skillset to lead a team towards delivering impactful results. If you have a STEM background and would like to help drive team initiatives… we want to hear from you.
Engineering Team Leader
Package: £42,950 - £62,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 01st December 2023
Responsibilities will include ensuring best business practices are in place. You will conduct performance reviews, make recommendations on improving policies and procedures, develop plans for scaling business operations, research channels for cost reduction and monitor accounting processes. You will act as a liaison between the TT&E Management team and the staff who implement their vision. You will be supporting scientists and engineers whilst working alongside other professional services. Therefore, an engineering background would be advantageous.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- The management of people and their competencies within your area of responsibility.
- Supporting the identification and solving complex operational and management challenges.
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for developing staff within your area of responsibility.
- Must be willing to take on secondary roles to aid the minimum staffing for the facility you are located in.
This list is an example of the principal areas of remit, and it should be expected that you will be required to fulfil other duties that are aligned to your position in line with the company's needs.
Your key skills should include but not be limited to:
- Proven experience of managing engineering staff.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of providing a resilient approach to driving change and supportive change management.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.