SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 dependant on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible First options available
Key to our growth ambition, SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity within our Design and Delivery team in the Engineering & Innovation Directorate for a Senior Project Engineer to support our engineering activities across our offshore wind development portfolio. The Senior Project Engineer role will be part of an international joint venture responsible for the delivery of one of the worlds largest offshore floating wind farms (the largest in the UK) and will support the coordination of multiple discipline experts to ensure successful delivery through the development stage.
The Senior Project Engineer will report directly to the project Engineering Manager and lead the delivery of key critical engineering scopes/packages. The role will require technical coordination and management of various interfaces and work streams, with a focus on implementing key design governance processes.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a co-ordinated and coherent delivery by a multi-disciplinary engineering team, leading and facilitating communication channels between multi-disciplinary and project package teams, highlighting risks and issues and identifying actions to mitigate or reduce them.
- Facilitating interfaces by bringing all stakeholders together and obtaining regular updates from the team.
- Supporting the decision making process by working with the project team to produce robust recommendations for senior project management.
- Implementing and maintaining key design governance documents and processes.
- Collating key updates from across the team and provide feedback to senior project management on progress including emerging risks and issues.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A can-do proactive attitude with a proven history of leading, interfacing and collaborating across multi-discipline teams to support decision making process and achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrable understanding of engineering processes and experience of bringing a multi-disciplinary team (Engineering Packages) together with a common purpose.
- Demonstrable experience of integrating complex systems with multiple stakeholders, 3rd party contractors and external bodies.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar role with a passion for renewable energy and knowledge of relevant governance processes. Experience of floating wind design would be advantageous for this role.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on 01738 275199.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.