About the role
Base Location: Aberdeen
Salary: Up to £80,031 + car / allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Reporting to Head of Technical Services, you will lead a team of highly skilled protection and SCADA field engineers for the commissioning and maintenance of high voltage plant, apparatus, protection and control systems up to 400kV, supporting the delivery of the capital delivery programme on our transmission network. This is a pivotal role within the business, ensuring we build and maintain the highest standard of network for our customers.
Due to the 24/7 nature of our networks, you will also manage and support out of hours standby activities.
Key responsibilities of the Technical Services Field Unit Manager are:
- Application of Operational Safety Rules and Construction Health and Safety regulations, with a high regard for safety, embedding yourself and your team in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do as a key priority.
- Ensure full and consistent application of all Transmission policies, standards and specifications across all elements of substation construction, commissioning and maintenance.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution for Transmission major incidents and faults, provision of site analysis, identification of root cause, and proposals for improvements where necessary.
- Resource management, including training and development, and overall planning and execution of Protection & SCADA works, including commissioning, maintenance, outage management, contractor liaison and budget adherence
What do I need?
- A qualification in a relevant subject, preferably at HNC level.
- In-depth technical knowledge and of current power systems protection and SCADA systems, including installation and commissioning of high voltage plant and apparatus, up to 400kV. Ideally candidates would have Senior Authorised Person or High Voltage Switching authorisation up to 400kV or be working towards achieving these.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines.
- Outstanding customer and resource relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high-level service at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Full UK driving licence is required.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.