AWE are looking for an Environmental Test Engineer to join the the Environmental Test team within the Engineering Trials Delivery Unit (ETDU), with experience in a shock and vibration testing role, working within a high hazard facility.
Pay Range: £35,000 to £71,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Plus Allowance: ~£3,500 per annum
Closing Date: 06th December 2023
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, instrumentation, controlling, implementing and reporting of environmental tests and trials, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and data provided to AWE's high-quality standards, some local training will be provided. Successful candidates will be expected to have a good knowledge of a range of testing techniques, of some of the following environments: thermal, humidity, pressure, drop testing and linear acceleration. Knowledge of test data collection and interpretation is required. Experience of vibration testing is essential, significant experience in this area is advantageous.
They will be responsible for the delivery of a diverse range of dynamic, interesting tasks, requiring collaborative cross-organisational/cross functional working, including facility, delivery, analysis and trials management teams. Personal management of continued professional development of environmental test competence is a necessity to assist in enabling growth in capability capacity.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with knowledge and experience of:
- Environmental Testing techniques and capabilities, primarily vibration, centrifuge and drop testing.
- Data acquisition and recording systems.
- Working with hazardous materials (explosives, RA, CoSHH).
- Estimating, planning, problem solving and de-conflicting complex tasks.
- Representing AWE and ETDU to customers, presenting technical information to stakeholders.
- Health and Safety legislation.
- Competent with IT, including Microsoft Office and engineering tools and applications.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work).
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services.
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution).
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending.
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.