SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
This is a demanding yet rewarding role within SSE's Renewables IT team. Our Renewables Business strives to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland as well as developing our effective hydro fleet. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and Internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030. You will join the SSE Renewables IT (SSER IT) team during a transformational period as we adopt more Agile ways of working, further enhanced by the adoption of DevOps.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth or Aberdeen
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The IT Operations function is fundamental to enable consistent and reliable delivery and service to our customers. This role has a wide range of exposure across our Renewables business, which will include engagement with senior management and directors. This will include support of portfolio Roadmap planning, a keen eye on maintaining our finance position as well as a number of key Operational processes and procedures to keep the team running effectively. Another key service is the provision of quality, timely data to the Value/Product Teams in support of delivering value to our business.
- Key member of the Operations Support Team assisting both the Leadership Team and the wider Renewables IT teams with the smooth running of the department.
- Super User of database systems and spreadsheets.
- Being able to support teams by raising Risk themes, running and supporting the continued improvement of various reports including KPIs, and monitoring team compliance in all areas.
- Supporting the Joiner, Mover, Leavers process for the full team including onboarding, induction and offboarding.
- Supporting the Leadership team for the various key workshops, meetings and organisation of the same.
- Supporting the teams with raising Purchase Orders, receipting, financial queries, tracking and supporting the budget cycle process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Familiar with Agile ways of working and ideally Azure Devops/Jira/PowerBI/SharePoint O365 Office suite including PowerApps and Forms.
- Great communication skills to share knowledge on how to get things done by sharing processes and implementing local improvements.
- Great drive to support a wide range of stakeholders to help get things done, being flexible and proactive to support the team.
- Basic finance understanding of month end processing, raising purchase orders and budget cycle process.
- Proficient in all O365 products with Power BI and other reporting tools as a bonus.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.