About the Role
Base Location: Poole, Yeovil, Salisbury, New Forest, Southampton or Bournemouth
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
This role is responsible for the completion of works to improve the health index of the network whilst helping to deliver safe outcomes for the workforce, customers and the environment.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering maintenance to ensure reliable performance and network security to meet regulatory and business plan objectives.
- Delivering programmes and an overview of work to be completed and prioritisation of resources, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to work delivery and resolution of key risks.
- Understanding the level of risk of the network in all geographical areas of the Region at any time and propose repair work through a prioritised portfolio.
- Understanding and ensuring that issues on the network are dealt with appropriately and proactively, to minimise risk to project, asset or programme.
- Ensuring the portfolio of programme of works including but not limited to defects resolution and PSI's, is managed within timescales and produce programmes and plans to oversee and manage the works.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or other relative engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in site project and contractual management.
- Site Managers Safety Training or IOSH Managing Safety.
- Experience of carrying out detailed technical studies and reports.
- Relevant operational / technical experience and knowledge - SAP experience on EHV/HV/LV systems.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About the business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Shirley on 01738 351976.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.