About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Peterhead Power Station, Aberdeenshire
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSE Thermal are looking to hire an Electronic Technician at Peterhead Power Station in Aberdeenshire. The role holder reports to the Work Execution Lead and will provide expertise and competence in the test, calibration and repair of electronic instrumentation and equipment. They will ensure the safety, reliability, flexibility and efficiency of plant and equipment is maintained to meet the Company's requirements.
As a key member of the Maintenance team, the role holder is expected to make significant contributions to the delivery of the site maintenance and outage work scopes. Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Day to day maintenance of station electronic assets including reactive and proactive work as instructed by the Work Execution Lead and planning team.
- Contributing towards the delivery of projects in alignment with the SSE and station strategies including financial justification preparation, specification, procurement, implementation and commissioning.
- The instruction and management of contractor resource to deliver work in accordance with SHE, technical and commercial requirements.
- Any other tasks and projects as may be directed by the Work Execution Lead or Operations and Maintenance Manager.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- HNC in Electronic Engineering or equivalent level technical qualification.
- Time served tradesperson in an applicable trade.
- Relevant heavy industry experience (Power Generation preferred).
- Familiar with computerised maintenance systems, preferably Maximo.
- Familiar with inspection, testing and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot equipment defects to component level.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on 01738 341147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.