MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £53,000 depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
Configuration Management is pivotal to MBDA's success in developing and delivering engineered products to our customers and frontline users. Through the controlled application and compliance of processes, we give our programmes confidence and assurance in all products that we produce.
We are seeking an experienced Configuration professional to actively lead the application of Configuration Management processes across MBDAs prestigious product portfolio. Your ability to build networks and foster strong relationships with our business programmes will enable you to deliver outstanding governance of our Configuration Management processes whilst contributing towards the overall success of our business programmes.
As a Configuration Manager, you will confidently establish yourself within your designated programme to provide strategic direction and deliver technical application of Configuration Management principles throughout the lifecycle of the product.What we're looking for from you:
- Highly experienced within a Configuration Management discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of Configuration Management principles, processes and standards, both nationally and internationally. A technical understanding of complex weapon systems or other defence systems being desirable.
- Strong technical appreciation of engineering business networks and associated stakeholder relationships across the product lifecycle.
- Highly developed communication skills; ability to lead through technical challenges with confidence and assertion.
- Outstanding networking skills with an ability to build and maintain critical stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to plan, lead and deliver technical Configuration Management activities.
- Proven ability to successfully influence and negotiate at all levels, without compromising relationships.
- Whilst not essential, an operational knowledge of Def Stan 05-57, ISO10007 or EN9100 would be beneficial.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.