Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to£49,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work on average 2-3 days on-site.The opportunity:
We have an exciting role that allows you to be at the forefront of the research, evaluation and understanding of the current and future threat environment - shaping decisions on the future of UK complex weapons.
In an increasingly volatile and sophisticated strategic and operational environment, achieving understanding of current and future threats is essential to advise the development of future UK complex weapons.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate innovative and creative thinking to produce clear, accurate and timely assessments. Working collaboratively to explore adversary threat trends and capabilities across all domains, utilising open source and classified data, to directly support senior decision making.
This role is a great opportunity to work closely with UK MOD and UK Military personnel in studies and experiments, whilst gaining a broad awareness of UK military capabilities and the portfolio of UK complex weapon products.What we're looking for from you:
- Experience scoping and conducting analytical studies, capability analysis and assessments
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant technical or analytical field
- Experience writing analytical reports, analysing technical findings and presenting results
- Working in a dynamic team and effectively utilising expertise from across a diverse workforce
- Team working, able to take initiative
- Coping with uncertainty in a potentially rapidly changing environment.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Hold DV clearance or be willing to apply for it (essential)
It would be Desirable to have -
- Military intelligence or threat assessment experience at the tactical, operational or strategic level
- An understanding of UK Complex Weapons programme.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.