AWE is currently recruiting for Firmware - FPGA Engineers (Controllers)
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for Firmware Engineers at various stages of their careers to support development within a wide range of technically challenging projects.
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
We currently have roles available in the following discipline and are interested in hearing from candidates with experience of FPGA design and verification including:
- Defining firmware requirements
- Architecting firmware systems
- Implementation of designs in VHDL, Verilog or System Verilog
- Verification of designs in VHDL, OSVVM or System Verilog and UVM
- Documentation of designs / verification
- Integration of FPGA / SoC Systems
- Knowledge of DO-254, IEC 61508 or similar standards
- TCL Scripting
- Reusable components for design and/or verification
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
Responsibilities in these roles will include:
- Contribute to the production and delivery of technical reports and presentations
- Design and/or verification in either VHDL, SV and/or UVM
- Contribute to the delivery of the system from concept to realisation
- Support the progress of designs through product life cycle
- Understand the hazards and associated risks of any work conducted
- Maintaining and promote high standards in ESH (Environmental, safety & health), security and quality
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
- Finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Delivering hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Ensuring we have the right people, processes and plant to deliver our current and future programmes
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for these roles, we would like you to have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline and some previous experience of Firmware design or verification. Postgraduate qualifications are an advantage in this role. You must also possess strong communication skills.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for these roles.