The Dependability Team at AWE provide specialist Systems Engineering support to technically challenging projects to ensure the reliability and availability of our core products now and into the future.
This is an exciting position for product dependability specialists or technical individuals who want to develop in this specialist area. The role comes with comprehensive training & support to enhance the successful candidate's skill set.
Role: Reliability Systems Engineer
Package: £35,720 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 07th December 2023
We would like to hear from individuals who are looking to develop their knowledge of dependability and the unique technologies that ensure a safe and secure future for our nation, through the UK independent nuclear deterrent.
- Providing specialist support to core AWE projects to ensure that our products are dependable throughout their lifetime.
- Developing a deep understanding of our product whilst enhancing systems and dependability engineering knowledge.
- Liaising with stakeholders, undertaking analysis and producing technical reports and/or presentations.
- Optimising statistical studies and interpreting results for communication to an audience from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Working with other specialists to provide evidence to support a case-based approach for dependability assurance.
- Application of systems engineering knowledge to system requirements, reliability architecture and system simulation.
- Supporting Dependability Team Leader in developing and maintaining capability.
We would like to hear from individuals who as a minimum:
- Have a technical degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering or Science.
- Are committed to personal and professional development.
- Can engage with a variety of stakeholders including business leaders and subject matter experts.
- Can produce high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives on time, demonstrating awareness of cost, quality and timeliness of engineering output.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience in delivering reliability and availability support for one-shot devices.
- Understanding of reliability and life analysis statistics.
- Systems Engineering skills, including the use of Enterprise Architect and DOORS.
- Experience with Teamcenter.
Full training will be given for successful applicants who do not have the above ideal experience.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and must be willing to undertake occasional travel in the UK and overseas (likely to be USA).