Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Buildings & Infrastructure.
Building our Talent:
We are actively looking for a skilled Electrical Design Engineer who is looking to further develop their career with us for the long term.
As the successful Design Engineer, you will be tasked with creating electrical designs and procuring specialist packages for various projects. Providing key support to existing and upcoming EC&I design work packages.
*NB. This opportunity will be based working out of our Maxim Park office in Motherwell. As such, due to the nature of the projects, any interested candidates must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance.
- Design LV electrical distribution systems
- Input into the design of control systems, SCADA and communication networks
- Create the following documentation: Specifications & Datasheets, Cable Calculations & Schedules, Drawings
- Review and check manufacturer documents & information for compliance with project specifications
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers
Key Skillset Required:
- Proven prior experience working on mid-large scale construction projects in a Design Engineer capacity, covering Electrical control & Instrumentation
- Ability in being able to come up with designs and take the lead on calculations
- Proficient in the use of Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign
- Clear focus on collaboration and building relationships with other designers and project team members to deliver cost effective and acceptable design solutions
- Microsoft Office experience is essential including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material
- Ideally hold experience in a broad range of heavy industries such as petrochemical, power generation and nuclear
Why work for us:
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone A
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk