Building our Talent:
We are actively looking for a skilled Electrical Design Engineer who is looking to further develop their career for the long term.
As the successful Design Engineer, you will be tasked with creating electrical designs and procuring specialist packages for our Sellafield Replacement Analytical Project (RAP) as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP) framework. Providing key support to existing and upcoming CE&I design packages for the RAP South Compound MEICA Enabling works and the RAP Temporary Construction Services contracts.
*NB. This opportunity will be based working on our Sellafield Project. As such, due to the nature of the project, any interested candidates must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance.
- Design LV electrical distribution systems
- Design of control systems, SCADA and communication networks
- Create the following documentation: Specifications & Datasheets, Cable Calculations & Schedules, Drawings
- Review and check manufacturer documents & information for compliance with project specifications
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers
Key Skillset Required:
- Proven prior experience working on mid-large scale construction projects in a CE&I engineering capacity
- Fundamental understanding of CE&I installations
- Solid ability to come up with designs and take the lead on calculations, seeking guidance from peers when required
- Ideally have experience in the use of Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign
- Clear focus on collaboration and building relationships with other designers and project team members to deliver cost effective and acceptable design solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material
- Ideally hold experience in a broad range of heavy industries such as petrochemical, power generation and nuclear
Why work for us:
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone A
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/