Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £43,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as once or twice a week on site.The opportunity:
The PCB Layout team is responsible for providing a full PCB Design Layout Service to all Internal Programs. These span all technologies from simple boards to complex multilayer, rigid/flexi-rigid, surface mount, impedance matched, RF etc. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical skills across our broad range of products.
This role involves providing full PCB Design Layouts from Electronic, Mechanical and Environmental requirements.
The PCB Layout Designer will provide a design service which includes Library management, Technical support, component placement, signal routing, peer reviews and creation of final documentation. Ensuring designs and hardware are in accordance with requirements and conform to MBDA design rules and processes. The role requires close collaboration with all stakeholders (internal and external) from conception through to delivery of Hardware against agreed timescales to meet Project deliverables.
For candidates that are able to demonstrate a greater depth and breadth of experience, we are able to offer either of our Bristol or Bolton sites as a home location. However, please note that regular travel to our Stevenage site will be an essential requirement of the role.What we're looking for from you:
- Knowledge and experience of the design processes and best practices for PCB layout.
- An understanding of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- Knowledge and experience of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders.
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000, but not mandatory as training will be provided for the right candidate.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.