About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: Competitive + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible First options available
The Sector Director of our Data Collection & Aggregation and Energy Management Platform products and services will be an experienced hire from the energy industry with multi-faceted skills and experiences that lend to supporting such a diverse proposition. Developing Business processes, implementing business procedures, safeguarding via compliance management, ensuring opportunities are captured and risks are mitigated. This role will also act as the voice of the business in conversations with internal and external parties. The role is responsible for developing, agreeing and owning the business units strategy, P&L and digital roadmap including strategic outcomes and tactical initiatives.
- Developing a market leading DCDA & BEI product and service, that facilitates revenue but also customers net zero ambitions
- Leadership to the various technical operations teams to deliver best in class customer experiences, driving long term customer retention
- Ensuring the team adheres to regulation, the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) to stop fines and reputational damage
- Offer leadership but also have a deep understanding and experience in DCDA and energy management platforms such as BEI, enabling cutting edge data services adapting and continually improving through technology such as machine to machine and edge computing
- Originate 3rd party opportunities for platform services both in the UK but also Internationally supporting the core of Digital Services five year plan of becoming a £100m business
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience across the sector including Data Management, Energy Optimisation and business operations.
- A deep understanding of the balance and settlement code, energy optimisation, data services, IT security, Data privacy and continual platform development.
- Natural ability to coach, lead and mentor team members and managers-with an emphasis on aligning their strengths and passions to SSEs business strategy and providing constructive feedback and support.
- Deep understanding of emerging technologies and opportunities with proven track record of capturing opportunities
- Strong Literacy and communication skills, experience of c-suite level of engagement
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme).
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on 01738 275615.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.