MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and passionate software developer to join our Weapons System Simulation and Experimentation team. WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisation, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support. You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development; you'll develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
You will be part of a team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system through:
What we're looking for from you:
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
- Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems, including the Integration of hardware to provide true representations of our systems.
We are looking for passionate software developers. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate exposure to practical software engineering, C# / C++ software development.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience / knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Real-Time Software
- Configuration control
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery or Deployment
- Unit testing and test driven development
- Agile development
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.