AWE are looking for a Sensor Design and Modelling Engineer to join the team. If you have experience in sensor solutions and would like to bring your expertise into an exciting environment we want to hear from you!
Sensor Design and Modelling Engineer
Package: £35,720 - £50,000 per annum (depending upon skills and experience)
Closing Date: 04th December 2023
We would be interested in hearing from candidates who have experience in any of the following;
- Mechanical Dynamics - including mass, spring, damper systems
- RF Electronics and Radar - including transmitters, receivers and software defined radio
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) - e.g. control loops, matched filters
- FPGA code development - using FPGAs to accelerate models to run in real-time
The work will involve the design and modelling of sensors such as radars and accelerometers. The use of industry standard tools (Matlab/Simulink) is key to enable the widest accessibility of the models and their outputs, so experience with or a willingness to learn these tools is essential. The team are keen to embrace the Fail-fast approach to developing and modelling sensor designs and part of the role will involve using FPGAs to support this methodology of rapid prototyping.
To be considered for these roles, you will have an HNC / HND or higher qualification in Physics, Maths or Electronic Engineering or proven experience working in a similar discipline and possess strong communication skills.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.