AWE is currently recruiting Radiographers, ideally with experience in Computed Tomography. We are seeking applicants from either Industrial or Medical Radiography backgrounds. Experience in the application of CT and/or X-Ray hardware will be considered. If possible, candidates may also have experience of diagnosis, automated inspection, or control.
L2 or L3 qualifications are desired however all training will be provided as well as a career path for ASNT Certification to advance your career as a non-destructive testing professional. Your work will be involved in some of the most cutting-edge technology and innovative projects, shaping and 'making amazing happen'. This role will be hands-on in the Radiography of Warhead Products, to develop and innovate, to establish validated future methods and advise on capability that is fit for Nuclear Weapon inspection. You will be working in a friendly team of similar professionals; we encourage personal growth to truly develop your potential as world class.
NDT Radiography / UT / EC
Salary - £35,720 - £45,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Location - Reading Area
Closing date - 4th December 2023
Duties to include:
- Develop and implement radiography / CT / UT / EC methods and processes.
- Advise and develop on best techniques for diagnosis, inspection, or control.
- Carry out duties to support the Safe System of Work for Radiography/UT/EC.
- Support delivery of written technical assessments
- Engage with the wider Radiography team, relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques. Inspect final products to ensure they are manufactured to a high standard.
- Work to company deadlines and targets.
- CPD for ASNT Certification.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave(plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site