Senior Systems Engineer, Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS)
Location: Harlow, Essex
Summary of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to work within the Raytheon Air Traffic Management Systems team, part of the wider Weapons and Sensors business unit.
The role will provide support across Raytheon's range of ATMS systems, providing Systems Engineering expertise across the product lifecycle, from requirements capture, Analysis, Design through to testing and qualification activities.
The role is also seen as the stepping stone to a Team Leading Position for candidate that wants to pursue that career path.
The role will provide support to the System Design Authority and Systems Engineering Team Leaders with the development and management of project requirements, generation of technical documentation. Systems Analysis and Design work and participation in technical design reviews. Further, supporting the Systems Team in the generation of bid proposal material and submission of bids in response to customer requests.
The role will be based at Raytheon's Harlow facility and the successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Raytheon Technologies team, where the candidate will be required to undertake development studies and investigation activities involving product performance and interfacing with various internal stakeholders.
The role will involve working in a highly technical environment, supporting the team as well as working autonomously. Taking on complex challenges and producing a solution that follows company process in a timely manner is an essential part of the role. A successful candidate will be comfortable integrating into a large team to accomplish their goals.
- Experience across the systems engineering lifecycle from requirements through to certification
- Experience with generation of technical documentation (internal and for customers)
- Understanding of policies, practises and procedures, and the ability to communicate these to their team.
- Ability to work autonomously, with limited oversight from Team Leaders and Management
- Ability to work within agreed timescales
- Ability to work in a team and perform under pressure
- Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or similar
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or Radar systems would be beneficial
- Experience with Air Traffic Management or Radar systems would be beneficial
- Experience with the IBM Rational DOORS toolset
- Experience with SysMl or UML in a Systems Engineering environment
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Membership / Chartership with INCOSE (or similar professional body)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.