Starting Salary: £42,501 / £48,336 with the opportunity to earn: £44,574 / £50,810 + an annual company bonus of up to £4k.
Working Pattern: Days (37.5 hours per week, typical hours are 07:30 – 15:40 or 08:10 – 16:20)
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing:
We’re looking for a variety of experienced Engineers to join us in the work that we’re doing here at Sellafield. If you think this could be your next challenge, we want to hear from you.
Plant Engineers contribute to the delivery of a front-line plant engineering service, decreasing the mean time to repair of assets and equipment reliability process to ensure that the maintenance and operation of the system(s) are performed and managed safely, meeting legal obligations and business requirements efficiently and effectively.
Principle Accountabilities Include:
- Understand and review compliance with appropriate risk assessment cases, legal obligations and relevant good practice. Contributing to the resolution of new of revised regulatory requirements.
- Review and maintain the configuration of the assigned group of assets to enable optimum asset performance.
- Implements and reviews the maintenance strategy for assets and supports the delivery of maintenance activities through the development of maintenance instructions, prompts and technical content of work packs. For S2 and lower, establish asset condition and identify mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate plant performance for example through observation, review of work logs and histories and regular walk downs to maintain awareness of current condition, performance and environmental impacts.
- Proactively identify plant problems (especially recurring issues) and co-ordinate appropriate corrective maintenance actions with supervision from line management and more experienced Plant Engineers.
- Identify issues with systems and components, engaging with specialists to initiate appropriate corrective actions to achieve short term resolution.
- Prepare and deliver the appropriate technical content required to raise Plant Modification Proposals following the recognised formal process for the plant/facility.
- Contribute to the specification of procurement activities to ensure the availability and known status of the correct equipment / spares as required ensuring the efficiency of the plant / facility.
- Effectively organise work for tasks or improvements derived from engineering analysis of plant performance and availability data (outside of the routine work planning process) to allow prompt delivery of work, including implementation of smaller one off tasks
- Provides support to the resolution of breakdowns in the facility, following agreed escalation.
- Contribute to the delivery of operational plans for the facility.
- Work to build partnerships with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Reliability colleagues to drive improvements in work delivery and plant availability/reliability.
Why choose Sellafield? Seventy-five years ago, we helped to create the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Today, we’re using our unrivalled knowledge of nuclear to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In cleaning up the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry, we are once again generating growth and employment in West Cumbria, the North West of England and beyond.
Our 11,000 strong workforce is joined by more than 40,000 people from the best of the best in the nuclear supply chain, from small Cumbrian businesses to global market leaders. We need this diversity of thinking, of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
What’s in it for you? At Sellafield Ltd, we are an organisation that is committed to supporting employees fulfil their potential. With comprehensive training and development opportunities, we will enable you to feel inspired in your role.
We also offer a range of employee benefits:
• Be a part of Sellafield’s 100 year mission.
• An attractive defined contribution pension scheme - the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to £4k made up of company and personal performance.
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024. There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days.
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies.
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check.
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts.
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme.
• Many, many more! Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
Sellafield has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer.
The Ideal Candidate: We’re looking for people that have good knowledge in Engineering, whether this may be through direct experience, or through transferable skills.
- Higher level qualification or equivalent training/experience in an Engineering/Maintenance discipline.
- Demonstrable understanding and application of Equipment Reliability processes or provision of support to front line maintenance delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring / improving plant and equipment reliability and availability.
- Demonstrable experience of acting as a subject matter expert for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Chartered / Incorporated Engineer status or potential to achieve with an accredited professional institute.
- Engineering qualification and experience in Engineering/Maintenance role or an environment of similar context and complexity.
- Demonstrable evidence of acting as a role model to promote and challenge behaviours and change.
- Demonstrable evidence of complying with appropriate regulations, standards and policies.
- In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. Please regularly check your Spam/Junk folders for news about this vacancy, correspondence could contain invitations to interview and other important updates.