About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Theale, Slough, Thatcham, Newbury (Thames Valley Region)
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time (37 hours per week) | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a SAP (Senior Authorised Person) to join our Harvesting & Tree Cutting team based in the Thames Valley area.
In this role you will be involved in all aspects of electricity overhead line work up to and including 33kV. The role can be physically demanding and will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions. You may be required to participate in standby duties for fault restoration work.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of working on the overhead distribution systems, preferably with SAP authorisation and be authorised for LV switching on underground & back feedable transformers, as you will be carrying out operational duties on our Network.
- NOP 3/4 would be ideal, inputting Planned Supply Interruptions & writing switching schedules would be an advantage but is not essential.
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high-level service at all times & excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.