Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as two days a week on-site.The opportunity:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity within the UK Component Engineering team for an Electronic Component Specialist to technically lead the selection of electronic components used within our products.
Using your expertise, you will undertake a full range of activities, no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to the team and our customers ensuring the selection of suitable components based on risk. You will also have the opportunity to research new component and technologies for the future.
As the Electronic Component Specialist you will continue to maintain your knowledge in specialist areas and ensure it is effectively passed to others, this includes participating in design reviews, training and other development activities to enable MBDA to maintain its capability. You will have the opportunity to research new component and technologies for the future.
There is also the opportunity to support and lead international continuous improvement initiatives to help define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.What we're looking for from you:
- In depth knowledge and experience with electronic components
- Ability to test and diagnose Digital and Analogue components at component level
- Experience of component level failure analysis
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face communication with all relevant partners
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.