MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £70,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4-5 days on-site.The opportunity!Software Project Lead
Software Engineering develops real-time embedded software for a wide range of missile subsystems and components. We are looking for strong technical leaders who can co-ordinate software teams to deliver on time, on cost and on quality - This really is rocket science!
As a Software Project Lead, you will be technically leading a team of engineers, managing their day to day activities and acting as both the Software Design Authority and the Software Project Manager. The software is developed in multiple environments/languages, and you will be guiding, developing and supporting the team throughout the Software Development Lifecycle with the requirements, architecture, detailed design, implementation, testing and delivery of missile subsystem software.
The role will require interfacing with multiple customers across multiple teams such as systems design, electronics design, safety, security and quality as well as financial and budget control.What we're looking for from you:
- Proven ability to technically lead a team of software developers and work with customers to deliver against strict processes and plans.
- Project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company across a range of mediums, including reporting of progress, blockers and achievements.
- A good understanding of software and the software development lifecycle including configuration management tools and techniques, to be able to provide effective oversight.
- The ability to understand requirements and available design solutions so that you can produce accurate and cost effective estimates of work to be undertaken.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.