MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 to £65,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4-5 days per week on-site.The opportunity!Embedded Software Engineer
Software Engineering develops real-time embedded software for a wide range of missile subsystems and components. We are looking for a self-motivated embedded software engineer who can develop and deliver software on time, on cost and on quality for the next generation of missile systems - This really is rocket science!
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software to company processes and agreed timescales, acting proactively and reporting into a Software Design Authority/Software Project Manager. The software is developed in multiple environments/languages, and you will be working in a team throughout the Software Development Lifecycle on the requirements, architecture, detailed design, implementation, testing and delivery of missile subsystem software.
The role will require interfacing with multiple customers across multiple subject areas such as systems design, electronics design, safety, security and quality.What we're looking for from you:
- Experience developing in languages such as C++, C or Python and motivated to develop reliable, high performance, standardised, and documented software
- ‘Can do' and flexible approach - you'll enjoy solving technical problems that sometimes extend beyond the bounds of "software"
- Excellent analytical and design ability, including review and critical analysis
- The ability to communicate effectively with multiple customers, including Systems Engineering, Electronics and Electrical, and Test and Validation
- A good understanding of standardised bus systems and protocols
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.